The Sustainable Livelihoods Foundation is once again HIRING! In support of our work in promoting economic opportunities within township communities (our informality work), SLF is seeking to recruit a policy researcher with a background in economics, development studies, or urban planning. The position is for a short term contract from August 2017 to January 2018, on a full time equivalent basis (22 days per month). This is a paid position.
- A Master’s degree with a first class pass in economics, development studies or urban planning;
- Must be South African or have a valid work permit;
- Must have a Driver’s License (code 8) with 1-2 years driving experience;
- Demonstrable research ability;
- Demonstrable English writing skills across all platforms including academic, social media and other, with particular emphasis on professional blog-writing;
- Strong editing/proof reading ability;
- Strong project and time management ability;
- Extremely capable in computer skills such as the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good knowledge of excel and ability to perform basic statistical analyses on data;
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take responsibility for own tasks.
- Management and administration of project activities on a day-to-day basis;
- Conducting desk-top research;
- Edit and proofread journal articles, research reports, newsletters, etc.;
- Provide research support such as literature reviews;
- Qualitative and quantitative analyses of data;
- Writing of project reports, articles and other;
- Provide support on other SLF projects where required.
To apply please submit the following documents with subject line ‘SLF Informality Researcher‘ to email@example.com, with:
- 2 page CV (maximum)
- 350 word motivational letter
- A sample of writing (500 words)
Applications are due by 28 July 2017, to commence work in August 2017. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.